K1 Fiance Interview Requirements

To a US citizen with a foreign fiancé, getting married in the United States is not easy.

What you should do? 

Check if you meet the K1 visa requirements For smooth visa processing, applicants must know the procedure and requirements before submitting your visa application. Review and check all requirements  before you make the initiatory step.

What you should know?

The initial step requires the US citizen to file Form I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiancé) with the USCIS requesting permission to allow the foreign fiancé to come to the US. Once approved, the foreign fiancé applies for K1 visa at the US Embassy or Consulate abroad. During the interview, all evidences must be presented to show that you are qualified to apply for K1 visa. Along with all other immigration requirements, you need to bring the following:

  • Proof that you are both legally free to marry. If you have terminated your previous marriage, bring your divorce or annulment decree or death certificate of your former spouse;
  • Proof that you have met in person within the last 2 years prior to the filing of Form I-129F; and
  • Proof that you have the intention to get married upon arrival of the alien fiancé in the US. If no marriage took place within the period of 90 days, the alien fiancé will have to return to his home country before the visa expires.

To check if you are now ready to file your application, take the K1 requirements qualification quiz.

Everyone’s situation is slightly different, so if you are unsure or have questions, email us at: info@tnvisaexpert.com



25. February 2013 by Veronica
Categories: K1 Fiance Visa | Tags: , , , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply