I've been working in the US for over 15 years now with a TN Visa. I was approved by Revenue Canada back in 98 as a non-resident of Canada and did not need to pay Canadian taxes. That being said I have an opportunity to return to Canada to work. Besides paying US taxes for the current year, would I have any US Tax implications thereafter?

asked 06 Jun '14, 12:49

rdsears's gravatar image

accept rate: 0%

Share this question with your friends:

If you become a resident of Canada and start working back in Canada you will have tax obligations in Canada for income earned. As for the US, depending on your assists and savings, 401K, etc - you may have some tax implications in the U.S.

Email us at taxes [at] tnvisaexpert.com and we'll send you some US/Canada cross border tax specialists who will be able to assist you.


answered 09 Jun '14, 10:15

tnvisa's gravatar image

accept rate: 27%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: 06 Jun '14, 12:49

Seen: 1,702 times

Last updated: 09 Jun '14, 10:15

Related questions