TN Visa – Frequently Asked Question
I work in the Hospitality industry as a Chef and or Cook. I have the management experience. Can I get a TN Visa to work as a chef/cook?
The TN Visa does not have a NAFTA Occupation for chef or cook, but depending on your experience and the job you may qualify to work as a management consultant.
There are other U.S. work visas that a chef or cook may qualify for, but it will depend on the job and skill set required as well as your experience. Not all cook/chef positions will qualify for a visa.
1. An O-1 visa allows a chef with extraordinary experience to work in the U.S. (this is how most athletes and famous actors enter the U.S.)
2. E-2 visa or L-1 visa allows for managerial chef positions, specialized knowledge
3. H1B visa enable large hotel or prestigious restaurants to sponsor a chef.
4. J-1 visa enables a young chef to get training
If you are unsure about your situation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted by: Myles B. of Vancouver, B.C., Canada
More Do I Qualify for a TN Visa Questions:
- Can You Apply for a TD Status If Your Husband Has TN Status? – TN Visa Expert
- Do I Need A Credential Evalution If I Have PhD degree from Canada? – TN Visa Expert
- Qualification for Computer System Analyst for the TN NAFTA Visa? – TN Visa Expert
- When You Should Have a TN Visa? – TN Visa Expert
- Will TN Visa Be Approved If You Have a Foreign Degree? – TN Visa Expert
- Can TN Visa Be Denied If I Have a Boyfriend in the US? – TN Visa Expert
- TN1 Visa Requirements and Application – TN Visa Expert
- Is a Need for Visa Screen if You Have Studied in the US? – TN Visa Expert
- Can You Qualify For TN Visa If You Have a Civil Union? – TN Visa Expert
- What Professions Qualify for TN Visa – TN Visa Expert