I have worked in the USA for 5 years on a TN1 Visa and have contributed over $40,000 into Social Security. Am I able to get this money back?
Yes, The Social Security eligibility rules allow TN Visa workers who pay into the system to qualify for benefits even if they are not U.S. citizens. USA and Canada have a treaty agreement, you may still get some money from Social Security through the Canadian system, as long as you meet certain requirements. Contact a cross border tax specialist to help you through the process. List of US Canada Tax Accountants
Submitted by: Kitty Z. of Pasadena, CA, USA
More TN Visa Application Questions:
- Does my offer letter need an original signature for my TN Visa application?
- TN Visa Grace Period Information
- What is USMCA or the New NAFTA 2.0 and what are the USMCA differences?
- What is the effective date of the USMCA? Can it still fail?
- Software Engineering Jobs and TN Visa Issues
- How to Renew Your TN Visa with Coronavirus restrictions?
- Are there still TN Visa Jobs due to Coronavirus?
- Is It Possible To Enter The US If Your TN Visa Is Denied?
- I have a TN Visa, can I qualify for the Green card?
- How To Prepare The TN Visa Application Letter?