Solutions That Help You into The United States
Or Your Money Back. Guaranteed
Phone: 1-800-471-6326 Skype id: tnvisaexpert
Place Order
Solutions That Help You into The United States
Or Your Money Back. Guaranteed

Forgot to Return Your I-94 when you Left the U.S.?

If you forgot to return the white Form I-94 or the green Form I-94W then it is possible your departure was not officially recorded.

This is a cause for concern, because it can create problems for you when you attempt to reenter the U.S. at a later date.

You Departed By Airline or Cruise Ship

If you departed by an commercial airline or cruise ship then your departure can be verified and you do not have to do anything further. For safety measures, you should hold on to your boarding pass because it can help you on your next reentry into the United States.

You Departed by Land or Private Vessel

If you departed by land or a private means (private boat or plane), you will need to take some steps to inform U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) that you have officially left. If you do not do so or you cannot prove you departed within the allowed time frame, the next time you enter you may be denied entry since they will believe you stay past your stay previously. They will then have  you return to your original departure city.

Steps to Take for Departure Recognition

  1. Turn in your I-94 Departure Record and documentation that you left the United States to: (for UPS/Fedex)
    • Coleman Data Solutions3043 Sanitarium Road Suite 2Akron, OH 44312

      DHS – CBP SBU

  2. Do not mail this documentation to any U.S. Consulate or U.S. Embassy or any other U.S. office. Only the address above will be able to make the necessary corrections to CBP records and prevent any future issues for you.

Valid Documentation to Prove You Left

  1. Original boarding passes if you have them
  2. Photocopies of departure or entry stamps in your passport. Copy all non-blank pages of your passport and send them in.
  3. Dated paystubs from your employer to show that you worked in another country.
  4. Dated bank records showing transactions in the other country that you were in.
  5. Rental agreement showing you were living in another country.
  6. School records showing attendance at a school outside the U.S.
  7. Dated credit card transactions showing purchases made in another country after your departure date.
  8. Finally, include a brief letter in English explaining the situation with the supporting documentation above. Provide originals where possible and do not expect them back. Retain copies of everything you send for your records. CBP will not return any documentation to you.
  9. Carry this information with you the next time you reenter the U.S.

It will take up to 4 months to have the Kentucky office correct this information. If you visit the U.S. prior to this time, having the documentation will allow CBP to update your information immediately.

Finally, Get Confirmation

You may request confirmation that your departure was correctly recorded after the 4 months by writing to the address above.