Can I work remotely for a U.S. employer from Canada. My TN Visa is expiring and my employer will let me work from Canada. Is this legal?
Yes. Your employer can pay you as an independent contractor or a corporation if you incorporate in Canada.
This way they do not have to worry about withholding taxes, medical, etc. You will have to do this yourself.
Your Next Step: Download the TN Visa Expert Kit – Employer Edition to get the instruction on how to work remotely.
Submitted by: Taylor Z. of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
51 questions TN applicants say they wish they knew about before applying (Learn #51 very well) => Click here
More TN Visa Employer Questions:
- I am going for a job interview, do I request a Tourist or Business visa (B1/B2 visa)?
- Are There any Vacation Restrictions While On TN Visa?
- How to Prepare for TN Visa Job Interview?
- Is It Legal to Work Remotely For A U.S. Employer from Canada?
- TN Visa USA Requirements For Engineers
- Is it true that if I have a TN Visa and I end up losing
- TN Visa Apply Requirements | Job Interview
- TN1 Visa Requirements for Employee Or Contractor
- Employment Contract and the TN Application Letter
- Should Employer Notify US Customs and Border of the Termination?