TN Visa – Frequently Asked Question
Is there a grace period after my TN Visa expiration?
For your TN Visa expiration, there was an unofficial 10 day grace period and now there is a 60 day grace period. Read more below.
Previously there was no grace period after your TN Visa expired. As of January 17, 2017, if you have a TN Visa and your job ends or your TN Visa expires, you can stay an additional 60 days.
During these 60 days you are not allowed to work. You are allowed to:
- close your affairs
- look for a new job
- you can file another TN Visa application
- you can file an extension or change of status
More TN Visa Application Questions:
- Are there still TN Visa Jobs due to Coronavirus? – TN Visa Expert
- Is It Possible To Enter The US If Your TN Visa Is Denied? – TN Visa Expert
- TN Visa Grace Period Information – TN Visa Expert
- What is USMCA or the New NAFTA 2.0 and what are the USMCA differences? – TN Visa Expert
- What is the effective date of the USMCA? Can it still fail? – TN Visa Expert
- Software Engineering Jobs and TN Visa Issues – TN Visa Expert
- How to Renew Your TN Visa with Coronavirus restrictions? – TN Visa Expert
- Can I Qualify for the Green Card With TN Visa? – TN Visa Expert
- How To Prepare The TN Visa Application Letter? – TN Visa Expert
- Social Security Number TN Visa – TN Visa Expert