My problem is finding a company that will hire me. I want to apply for a TN visa. I qualify for the TN Visa under NAFTA. I am a Computer Systems Analyst. I can find jobs in Rochester Ny. But every time in a job interview when I mention I need a sponsor, I am not hired. Any advice how to go about this problem?
First, you do not say the word ‘Sponsor’ – since the TN Visa does not need a sponsor. This also scares employers and they think of the expensive H1B visa. It seems like your problem is what you are saying in your interview. What if you could say, “I’m Canadian, the visa is not a problem. I can start working within a week” — That’s what the TN Visa allows you to do. We explain how to do this in the TN Visa Expert Kit Platinum Edition
Submitted by: Sherley B. of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
More TN Visa Employer Questions:
- Are There any Vacation Restrictions While On TN Visa?
- I am going for a job interview, do I request a Tourist or Business visa (B1/B2 visa)?
- How to Prepare for TN Visa Job Interview?
- Is it true that if I have a TN Visa and I end up losing
- TN Visa Apply Requirements | Job Interview
- Is It Legal to Work Remotely For A U.S. Employer from Canada?
- TN Visa USA Requirements For Engineers
- TN1 Visa Requirements for Employee Or Contractor
- Employment Contract and the TN Application Letter
- Should Employer Notify US Customs and Border of the Termination?