I am a permanent resident of Canada and will receive my Canadian citizenship in six months. But I have a job offer to start work next month. Will I qualify for the TN Visa?
No, you do not qualify for the TN Visa. NAFTA has a requirement that you be a citizen of either Canada, Mexico or USA. Try to have your employer wait until you receive your citizenship. Review the TN Visa Requirements.
Submitted by: S. K. of Winnipeg, Manitoba
51 questions TN applicants say they wish they knew about before applying (Learn #51 very well) => Click here
More Do I Qualify for a TN Visa Questions:
- I am married to my husband who has TN status and works
- Do I Need A Credential Evaluation If I Have PhD degree from Canada?
- Qualification for Computer System Analyst for the TN NAFTA Visa?
- When You Should Have a TN Visa?
- TN1 Visa Requirements and Application
- Is a Need for Visa Screen if You Have Studied in the US?
- Can You Qualify For TN Visa If You Have a Civil Union?
- Will TN Visa Be Approved If You Have a Foreign Degree?
- Can TN Visa Be Denied If I Have a Boyfriend in the US?
- Can You Get TN Visa to Work as a Chef/Cook?