TN Visa – Frequently Asked Question
Can I change jobs with my TN Visa? I found a new job.
Applying by mail for the new job is complicated and does not allow you to switch jobs easily.
If you are changing jobs, you can obtain a TN Visa by either:
1. Filing Form I-129 Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker by mail.
2. Applying in person at a port of entry.
This means when you are in the US working at your current job, you must leave the country and apply for the new job upon re-entry. The benefit of this is, your current TN Visa is still valid. If you are denied or asked to return with more supporting information, you can simply enter the US on your current TN Visa and return at a later date to resubmit your application.
Use the TN Visa Expert Kit to help you quickly create your TN Visa application.
Submitted by: Timothy G. of San Diego, California, USA
More TN Visa Application Questions:
- Is It Possible To Enter The US If Your TN Visa Is Denied? – TN Visa Expert
- TN Visa Grace Period Information – TN Visa Expert
- What is USMCA or the New NAFTA 2.0 and what are the USMCA differences? – TN Visa Expert
- What is the effective date of the USMCA? Can it still fail? – TN Visa Expert
- Software Engineering Jobs and TN Visa Issues – TN Visa Expert
- How to Renew Your TN Visa with Coronavirus restrictions? – TN Visa Expert
- Are there still TN Visa Jobs due to Coronavirus? – TN Visa Expert
- Have You Apply for a New TN Visa if Existing One Has Not Expired? – TN Visa Expert
- What to Do If TN Visa Is Denied?
- TN Visa Salary Requirements | How To Apply For a TN Visa?