TN Visa Essential Check List

Follow these 11 essential steps to help you complete your TN Visa Application.

TN Visa - Frequently Asked Question

Question: Which last name should I use on my Adjustment of Status application? Should I use my maiden name or married name on my Adjustment of Status?


FAQ image You can use your new married name on your Adjustment of Status application even though your passport shows your maiden name. Your marriage certificate will be proof of the new name.

Ideally, if you can change your passport before mailing your Adjustment of Status application, this is best way.

Important: The last name you use on the Adjustment of Status application, will be what appears on your Green card. If you want to change it later, you will need to pay to change your Green card and it is best to avoid more fees.

Watch the Adjustment of Status video, to determine if you can save fees on your application or if you have red flags:

If you have any questions, email us at:

Submitted by: Emilia S. of New York, NY, USA