Solutions That Help You into The United States
Or Your Money Back. Guaranteed
Phone: 1-800-471-6326 Skype id: tnvisaexpert
Place Order
Solutions That Help You into The United States
Or Your Money Back. Guaranteed

I entered the U.S. on a valid visa but it has expired and i have been married for over 5 years. Can I still apply for my adjustment of status?


FAQ image

You’ve been married to a US citizen for over five years, and even though your visa may have expired, there’s still a chance to navigate the Adjustment of Status process and secure your lawful residency. Intrigued? Let’s delve into the key points:

Eligibility is Key:

  • Entry on a valid nonimmigrant visa is crucial (think B1/B2, F-1, H-1B).
  • Compliance with visa terms until the Adjustment of Status application is filed is a must.
  • Genuine marriage to a US citizen, void of immigration intent, is the linchpin.
  • Admissibility hinges on medical clearance and clean background checks.

The Crux of the Matter:

  • Overstaying your visa by 180 days can pose a three-year re-entry ban hurdle.
  • Brace for a processing period spanning several months, requiring continuous lawful status maintenance.

Expert Navigation and Essential Steps

Rely on seasoned immigration attorneys to dissect your case, ensure document readiness, and guide you through this labyrinth of legal intricacies.

Documentary Evidence: The Foundation of Proof

Proving the authenticity of your marriage demands a trove of evidence: joint financials, shared property ownership, photographic chronicles, and testimonials from your inner circle.

Financial Assurance: A Vital Component

Demonstrating your spouse’s financial capacity to support you and any dependents necessitates detailed income verification and employment validation.

Medical Formalities and Biometrics: The Practical Steps

Prepare for medical examinations validating your health and the submission of biometric data – fingerprints and photographs – as part of the procedural rigmarole.

Your Gateway to Clarity:

While this serves as a compass, consulting legal experts remains pivotal for tailored advice based on your unique circumstances.

Embark on Your Journey:

With meticulous planning and expert guidance, you’re poised to chart a course toward a successful status adjustment.

And if you’re feeling a bit lost or confused (which is totally normal in this whole immigration dance), hit up these folks. They’re like the visa gurus – or give ’em a ring at 800-471-6326. Oh, and they’re on Skype too: tnvisaexpert.

Submitted by: Gabriela B. of Miami, Florida

More Adjustment of Status Questions about the topic AOS with an Expired Visa