Is it true that if I have a TN Visa and I end up losing my job, I have 6 months to find another job in the U.S.?
No. When you lose your job, you no longer have a valid status to stay. You are required to leave the U.S. However, you can apply to change your status to a visitor which allows you to stay for up to 6 months.
Submitted by: Jack V. of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
51 questions TN applicants say they wish they knew about before applying (Learn #51 very well) => Click here
More TN Visa Employer Questions with Tips for TN Visa Interviews
- Are There any Vacation Restrictions While On TN Visa?
- I am going for a job interview, do I request a Tourist or Business visa (B1/B2 visa)?
- How to Prepare for TN Visa Job Interview?
- Is It Legal to Work Remotely For A U.S. Employer from Canada?
- TN Visa USA Requirements For Engineers
- Is it true that if I have a TN Visa and I end up losing
- TN Visa Apply Requirements | Job Interview
- TN1 Visa Requirements for Employee Or Contractor
- Employment Contract and the TN Application Letter
- Should Employer Notify US Customs and Border of the Termination?