Adjustment of Status in 9 Easy Steps
If you are a non-immigrant and presently living in the United States, you have the chance to become a permanent resident or “green card” holder. Just follow these 9 easy steps and you can never go wrong:
The Adjustment of Status Process in 9 easy steps
- Observe the Adjustment of Status process properly and make sure you possess all the requirements with no disqualifications;
- Know the visa category appropriate for you. The process is commenced by filing immigrant visa petition filed by a family member, employer or through refugee or asylum status in your behalf;
- Submit all supporting documents on time, observe timeliness in keeping with appointments;
- Fill out your Adjustment of Status form and USCIS forms completely. About 30% of applications were denied or delayed due to omission, incorrect or incomplete information;
- Mail your application and make a list of the things you should do and be guided during the entire AOS process.
- When your application is approved, you will be scheduled for an interview. Bring all documents with you for verification. You will also undergo digital fingerprint scanning, photograph taking, medical and vaccination examinations;
- The toughest phase in the adjustment of status process is the green card marriage interview. Bring with you copies of your documents including the originals for verification during the interview;
- Check your application, look into the USCIS National Customer Service Center website regularly; and
- Be patient. Adjustment of Status procedure is circuitous. Make sure you have accurately and completely attached all documents and requirements. You will get your green card if you have done things correctly.
If you have questions or want help with you Adjustment of Status application, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.