TN Visa – Frequently Asked Question
I have been on a TN Visa working as a W2 employee. Now i have a chance to work at another company as a 1099 contractor. Can I obtain the TN Visa on a 1099?
Yes, but the 1099 is a little tricky since its for contractors and freelancers. You can do it as long as you operate as yourself using your SSN number and US Immigration can see that you are employed by that company. Your TN Letter will state that this company is employing you, which meets the NAFTA requirements. Opening your own corporation and doing a TN through this business may not be considered valid and can raise concerns.
Submitted by: Jeff C. of Kamploops, B.C., Canada
51 questions TN applicants say they wish they knew about before applying (Learn #51 very well) => Click here
More Do I Qualify for a TN Visa Questions:
- Can You Apply for a TD Status If Your Husband Has TN Status? – TN Visa Expert
- Do I Need A Credential Evalution If I Have PhD degree from Canada? – TN Visa Expert
- Qualification for Computer System Analyst for the TN NAFTA Visa? – TN Visa Expert
- When You Should Have a TN Visa? – TN Visa Expert
- TN1 Visa Requirements and Application – TN Visa Expert
- Is a Need for Visa Screen if You Have Studied in the US? – TN Visa Expert
- Can You Qualify For TN Visa If You Have a Civil Union? – TN Visa Expert
- Will TN Visa Be Approved If You Have a Foreign Degree? – TN Visa Expert
- Can TN Visa Be Denied If I Have a Boyfriend in the US? – TN Visa Expert
- What Professions Qualify for TN Visa – TN Visa Expert