Follow this Process to Always Know The Status of Your Application
K1 Visa and K3 Visa Facts for Manila, Philippines
Time Difference: 13 hours ahead EST or 12 hours ahead EDT
Marriage Visa Processing Time (at Consulate): 3-6 months
Embassy Website: http://manila.usembassy.gov/
The U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines is the second largest immigrant visa processing post in the world. It processes over 50,000 immigrant visa applications per year and more than 11,000 K1 Visa (K1 Fiance visas), K3 Visa (K3 Spouse visa) and other related marriage visas.
The U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines has an excellent website. They have information on visa appointments. Immigrant visa appointments are also posted on their website.
There are approximately over 40 consular officers in Manila.
Marriage Visa Interviews
1. Scheduling Interviews. K1 Visa (Fiance visa), K3 Visa (Spouse visa) and Immigrant visa interviews are scheduled Monday-Friday 6:30am-8:00am. Though the interviews do not start until 8:00, you should arrive at least an hour before your appointment time. This will allow you to complete the document screening and biometric phase.
2. Missed Interview Appointment. If you missed your K1 Visa (Fiance visa), K3 Visa (Spouse visa) or Immigrant visa appointment you must request a new appointment through the call center by postal mail or by email. You are no longer able to walk-in for an interview or reschedule.
3. Expedited Cases. Only K1 Visa (Fiance visa), K3 Visa (Spouse visa) are expedited for documented medical emergencies and active duty GIs deploying abroad.
Marriage Visa Interview Questions
Here are some sample interview questions you may be asked.
- When did you meet?
- How did you meet?
- How long were you working in city you met?
- When was the last time you met?
- What is your profession?
- What is your fiance's profession?
- How long has your fiance been working at their current company?
- Do you have kids?
- Do you have relatives in the U.S. Explain and where?
- When are you planning to get married? Where?
Follow the steps below and you will always know the status of your Application.
1. Complete your K1/K3 Visa Application and mail it to USCIS.
Once approved your application will be sent to the U.S. Consulate in Manila, Philippines.
2. K1/K3 Visa Approval Notification Letter
You will receive a letter from the U.S. Consular - Immigrant Visa Unit informing you your K1 Visa or K3 Visa (I-129F) petition has been approved and you can schedule an interview.
3. Pay the K1 Visa / K3 Visa Application Fee
The K1/K3 application fee of $240 USD must be paid in Philippine pesos at any BPI. You have 3 options to pay this K1 Visa fee:
- Cash payment at BPI
- Online payment bill option provided by BPI clients
- Online payment through Bancnet
Each K1/K2/K3/K4 visa applicant must pay this fee. This includes your children that are applying with you.
4. Schedule Your K1/K3 Visa Marriage Interview
Once the K1/K3 Visa application fee has been paid, you can schedule your marriage interview. You can schedule your interview online at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/.
Marriage Visa Expert
Bring all your required documents to the marriage interview. If you do not, you will be asked to return for another interview.
5. Required Documents
You must bring all the required documents with you to your marriage interview. If you do this correctly your interview will go much quicker. If you do not, you will be asked to return another day with the approprate documents. This can cause a lot of delays and frustration.
When you use the Visa Streamline System - K1 Visa, we will provide this complete list to you ahead of time, so you can be prepared as soon as the U.S. Embassy contacts you.
6. Day of your Marriage Interview.
Arrive at least 1 hour early. The U.S. Consulate is very organized, and you will be guided through to the correct locations. If you have all your documents, you will get a number and go to the different booths to complete your K1 Visa/K3 Visa process.
K1 Visa/K3 Visa - Next Steps
1. Get your Questions Answered.
If you have any questions about your situation, email us at: email@example.com
2. Use the Automated Marriage Visa Streamline System
We can help you complete your application quickly, stress-free and with no lawyer fees.
You will have:
- No Confusion. Have all your questions answered.
- Support and avoid red flags. A lawyer is assigned to you and you get a strategy session with them.
- Avoid worries. All the USCIS government forms are completed for you.
- Easy. We also complete the USCIS forms required at the Consulate.
- Fast. We have an online system for you to log into.
- Be Prepared. Learn the key marriage interview tips to have your interview go smoothly.
- No Risk. We offer a money back guarantee.