TN Visa Essential Check List

Follow these 11 essential steps to help you complete your TN Visa Application.

TN Visa - Frequently Asked Question

How long do we need to wait to apply for the Adjustment of Status. I entered the U.S. with a tourist visa and have now decided to marry my boyfriend, a U.S. Citizen. Can we start the Green Card process in the United States?


FAQ image In some situations you may be able to apply immediately for your adjustment of status.

A U.S. citizen can marry a tourist or Visa Waiver Program (VWP) visitor and apply for the Adjustment of Status - Green Card from within the US. If you entered the U.S. as a visitor your intention was to return home. If you change your intention, and now want to get married the Immigration Officer may consider you are committing fraud.

If you qualify to apply for your adjustment, you will want to have the correct supporting documents and be prepared during the marriage interview to explain it and show supporting documents.

Your Next step: Contact us at, to determine when you can apply for your adjustment of status.

Submitted by: Monica T. of Warsaw, Poland