TN Visa – Frequently Asked Question
I qualify for a TN Visa, but I have a civil union for the past 10 years with 2 kids. Can my partner get the TD visa?
UPDATE: Due to the Supreme court action of overturning DOMA and Proposition 8, same sex marriages may now be allowed under NAFTA. We are waiting for additional information.
Unfortanately civil unions, common-law are not recognized at this time under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
Your 2 children will qualify for the TD dependent visa.
Submitted by: Jason W. of Windsor, Ontario, Canada
51 questions TN applicants say they wish they knew about before applying (Learn #51 very well) => Click here
More Do I Qualify for a TN Visa Questions:
- Can You Apply for a TD Status If Your Husband Has TN Status? – TN Visa Expert
- Do I Need A Credential Evalution If I Have PhD degree from Canada? – TN Visa Expert
- Qualification for Computer System Analyst for the TN NAFTA Visa? – TN Visa Expert
- When You Should Have a TN Visa? – TN Visa Expert
- TN1 Visa Requirements and Application – TN Visa Expert
- Is a Need for Visa Screen if You Have Studied in the US? – TN Visa Expert
- Can You Qualify For TN Visa If You Have a Civil Union? – TN Visa Expert
- Will TN Visa Be Approved If You Have a Foreign Degree? – TN Visa Expert
- Can TN Visa Be Denied If I Have a Boyfriend in the US? – TN Visa Expert
- What Professions Qualify for TN Visa – TN Visa Expert