Can I get a TN Visa after an H-1B visa? I have had two H-1B visas and now need to leave for one year. How can I get a TN Visa?
Yes, you can get a TN Visa after the H-1B visa. You simply leave the country and upon re-entry apply for your TN Visa.
Remember, the TN Visa has a temporary intention, so you may have to show ties to Canada.
Your Next Step: Download the TN Visa Expert Kit – Gold Edition to get all the detailed information on how to apply for a TN Visa correctly with the checklist of all documents required.
Submitted by: Jenny W. of Kelowna, B.C., Canada
51 questions TN applicants say they wish they knew about before applying (Learn #51 very well) => Click here
More TN Visa Application Questions related to the topic Transitioning from H1B to TN Visa
- Does my offer letter need an original signature for my TN Visa application?
- How to Renew Your TN Visa with Coronavirus restrictions?
- Are there still TN Visa Jobs due to Coronavirus?
- Is It Possible To Enter The US If Your TN Visa Is Denied?
- TN Visa Grace Period Information
- What is USMCA or the New NAFTA 2.0 and what are the USMCA differences?
- What is the effective date of the USMCA? Can it still fail?
- Software Engineering Jobs and TN Visa Issues
- I have a TN Visa, can I qualify for the Green card?
- How To Prepare The TN Visa Application Letter?